Tired of not developing as a soccer player? Want to develop skills that will help you achieve the highest playing level possible? Looking for world class coaches to train you? Our coaches possess Champions League, National Team and College Head Coaching experiences! Looking for a world class club to join? Don’t miss out! Register today and get ready for a better game!
Tryouts are an opportunity for young athletes to be placed in one of the Olympiacos Soccer School Chicago teams. Whether you are brand new to soccer or a “veteran”, we invite you to come and join us! Tryouts are open to everyone and run by our USSF/NCAA qualified coaching staff.
You are only required to register for one tryout session but encouraged to attend as many as you want.
NEW SEASON TRYOUTS | 2020-2021
|Age Groups||Area||Field Location|
|Virtual Tryout – Submit Video|
Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, our tryout process will not take place in the normal format as usual.
Tryouts deadline is Sunday, May 31, 2020 but we recommend you send the registration form and video as soon as possible!
Current Olympiacos players do not have to tryout for the 2020/21 season and may submit their Player Agreements before Sunday, May 17, 2020.
We ask any NEW players that would like to join Olympiacos Chicago to follow the steps outlined below in detail.
NOTE: Please use your back yard, any walls (not close to windows please), or any other area that can help you video-tape the skills you need to do. You will also need the help of a parent for recording / helping with skills.
#1 TRYOUTS PREPARATION STEPS
- Get your phone, tablet or video camera ready!
- Get your soccer equipment ready (soccer ball, goal, etc).
- Wear your jersey, shorts, socks, shin-guards, and soccer shoes!
#2 TRYOUTS VIDEO CREATION AND SUBMISSION
- Start recording your tryouts video (if you cannot send us a video please reach out to us to schedule an evaluation as soon as permissible).
NOTE: It is best to record your video in LANDSCAPE (horizontal) mode, show entire player height, especially when you take shots against the goal or wall so we can see the complete shot.
- State your first and last name, your birth-date, your dominant foot, and your position.
- Juggle with the ball (preference would be if you can juggle the ball with both feet). Maximum: 30
- Have a parent pass the ball to you, and then show how you receive the ball with your foot and then pass the ball back to them. Perform 3 sets with your left foot and three with your right foot.
- Have a parent pass the ball to you, and then show how you pass the ball back to them with one-touch. Perform 3 sets with your left foot and three with your right foot.
- Take a few shots against a goal or a wall. Take 3 shots with your left foot and three with your right foot.
- Have a parent toss the ball at you in the air and before the ball touches the ground tap the ball back to the them using the techniques outlined below. Perform 3 sets with your left foot and three with your right foot.
a) Inside of your foot.
b) Your laces.
c) Control the ball with you chest and then before it touches the ground use your foot to tap it back to your parent.
d) Take a kick against a back-yard wall or goal.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Once finished upload your video to a free service like WETRANSFER and emailed the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 TRYOUTS REGISTRATION FORM SUBMISSION
- Fill out and submit the form below!